The development of high frequency electronics is no alchemy. But in frequency ranges where the wavelength is merely
centimeters or millimeters, things like the printed circuit geometry and the printed circuit material have a great
influence on the performance of the circuit. The circuit design is no trivial task and despite his many years of experience,
the design engineer repeatedly faces new challenges.
A thorough analysis of the needs and possible risks as a run-up to the planning of a new circuit is very important.
In contrast to, e.g. software development, iteration steps in hardware development always cause material costs
and production costs. The risks can be minimized by working out a detailed project plan. This project plan contains
milestones where the achieved results are checked and necessary adaptions of the next development steps are made.
The use of modern software tools for circuit design and circuit simulation speeds up the development process.
A wide range of measurement and test equipment allows for reassuring the calculated results "in the real world".
The following measuring instruments, tools and software is available at IFN:
- HP spectrum analyzer 0.25 Hz to 25 KHz
- HP spectrum analyzer 100 Hz to 18 GHz
- Multifunction generator 0.1 Hz to 20 MHz
- Wavetek 6 channel synthesizer 0.01 KHz to 2 MHz
- HP tracking generator 500 kHz to 1500 MHz
- HP signal generator 800 MHz to 2400 MHz
- Marconi synthesizer 10 KHz to 2700 MHz
- HP signal generator 1800 MHz to 4200 MHz
- Rhode & Schwarz vector network analyzer 300 KHz to 2000 MHz
- Giga-Tronics power meter 10 KHz to 18 GHz
- Wandel & Goltermann pattern generator & digital error rate meter
- Frequency counter 0.1 Hz to 500 MHz
- Tektronix 100 MHz digital oscilloscope
- LeCroy 2.5 Gs/s digital oscilloscope
- Tektronix 2 GHz sampling oscilloscope
- Rhode & Schwarz capacitance meter
- Rhode & Schwarz inductance meter
- HP transmission and noise meter
- IFN phase and magnitude measuring unit for I-Q-modulated digital signals
- Weller and Lab_Set SMD hot air soldering station
- Olympus stereo-macroscope
- Agilent Technologies / Eagleware-Elanix Genesys: system simulation, circuit simulation, EM simulation, synthesis
- Modelithics Inc. The Modelithics CLR LibraryTM: substrate dependent CLR model library for use with Genesys
- Altium Protel / Altium Designer and CAMtastic!